Construction Update: March 18, 2019
March 18, 2019
WORK PERFORMED THIS WEEK:
- Continued erection of east half steel.
- Continued shipping and staging steel.
- Continued decking the east half second and third floor decks.
- Poured stair no. 3.
- Began electrical overhead rough-in on third floor. Laid out sleeves on the east half second and third floor deck.
- Installed plumbing hangers and pipe on second and third floors. Laid out sleeves on the East half 2nd & 3rd floor deck.
- Continued layout and installation of west half ductwork on third floor.
- Continued interior wall layout and erection of studs. Began setting door frames.
- Continued fireproofing the west half steel.
- Continued hanging south side precast.
- Shipped and staged precast.
- Began precast caulking on the west side.
- Prepped the east half second and third decks for the concrete pour.
- Began landscaping islands in side lot.
The concrete and brick facade currently being installed is composed of 373 individual panels. These are cast at a plant in Ashland City, Tennessee, and delivered via trucks to the site. They are hoisted using cranes and welded back to the concrete and steel structure, fitting together like a large and heavy jigsaw puzzle. The largest panel weighs approximately 25,000 pounds.