Campbell Clinic Sports Concussion Program
Where do you turn when a concussion happens?
When Should You Bring an Athlete to the Campbell Clinic Concussion Clinic?
- Player suffers from persistent headache after sustaining head injury
- Cognitive, memory or balance problems; or momentary loss of consciousness
- Player experiences prolonged nausea, problems sleeping, or unusual mood swings
- Sensitivity to light, disorientation or confusion, or ringing in the ears
Urgent Signs That a Player Should Be Taken to the ER After a Head Injury:
- VomitingRapid worsening of symptoms listed above
- Prolonged loss of consciousness after injury
- Numbness or loss of sensation or feeling in extremities
Our Concussion Program
Our specially-trained physicians will provide the following services:
- An initial concussion assessment to determine the severity of the injury
- Neuro-cognitive testing – we evaluate the way the mind reacts to an injury
- Dedicated doctors, athletic trainers, and physical therapists will help guide the athlete through the return to learn and return to play protocol, ensuring the athlete can safely get back to sport at the appropriate time and ultimately providing written clearance.
To access the Campbell Clinic Concussion Program:
Call (901) 759-3116 to schedule an appointment with a concussion specialist.