Update on the Coronavirus
Campbell Clinic Patients:
Over the past few weeks, it has become clear that the world is facing an unprecedented challenge. Like you, we are deeply concerned and want to do what we can to help keep our communities and our families safe and healthy.
On behalf of Campbell Clinic, we want to publish a personal note to let you know how we are responding to the situation. We are humbled by your selection of Campbell Clinic for your orthopaedic and musculoskeletal medical needs. We take our responsibility to our patients, visitors, our employees and our partners very seriously.
From the onset of this situation, we have been listening to the appropriate sources for accurate and up-to-date information, and our preparedness plan reflects those inputs. As things evolve, we are actively monitoring the situation, assessing risks, and are ready to implement immediate changes to ensure a high level of safety. We will continue to communicate in a timely and transparent way so you can continue to seek treatment with confidence.
What We Are Doing:
- Introducing rigorous additional cleaning procedures, increasing the number of wipes, hand sanitizers, and other cleaning materials available at entrances, reception and check in and throughout our offices and other facilities for patients, guests, visitors, physicians, and employees to use.
- Encouraging frequent hand washing, and discontinuing the practice of handshaking.
- Beginning Monday, March 16, screening all patients, visitors, vendors, contractors and guests prior to entering any of our offices. This screening is comprised of a brief survey and all individuals who are determined to be a low risk for exposure to the coronavirus will be issued a “sticker” to be worn during the duration of their visit to Campbell Clinic. This step will provide an additional measure of safety to others potentially coming in contact.
- Beginning Monday, March 16, screening all physicians, providers, employees, and authorized residents and other personnel. This screening is comprised of a brief survey and all personnel who are determined to be a low risk for exposure to the coronavirus will be issued a “sticker” to be worn, affixed to their name tag or name badge at all times. This sticker is to remain visible to patients, guests, and other personnel.
- Taking sensible steps to help protect our team of physicians, other providers and employees. This means fewer meetings, limiting travel, and making it easier for our personnel to take the time they need to care for themselves or their families in the event they are directly affected by COVID-19.
- Monitoring new developments so that we can quickly adapt and continue to provide the services you need and the best possible experience at our facilities despite the added safety and security.
We recognize this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our patients, visitors, and all employees communities. Our patients and employees are the heart of our company and we look forward to welcoming and serving you wherever and however you choose. Please take care of yourselves and each other.
Frederick M. Azar, M.D.
Chief of Staff
George A. Hernandez
Chief Executive Officer
*For the latest information on location hours and availability, please visit our locations and hours page.