For more than a century, Campbell Clinic has been a leading figure in orthopaedic care both in Memphis and around the world.
Our founder, Dr. Willis C. Campbell, opened his first clinic in 1909. In the years following that event, Dr. Campbell organized the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at The University of Tennessee-Memphis, established the first orthopaedic residency program, and co-founded The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), serving as that body’s first president. His knowledge and influence ran so deep that he even wrote the first textbook on the subject—known as Campbell’s Operative Orthopaedics—which soon became the definitive work on the specialty, and retains that status even now. In fact, Campbell Clinic’s physicians still write, edit and publish the world’s leading orthopaedic surgery text.