Campbell Clinic Breaks Ground on State-of-the-Art Facility
May 29, 2018
Campbell Clinic broke ground on its new state-of-the-art facility Thursday, May 24.
In 1992, the Clinic purchased the property and has held it in reserve for future expansion. The facility will include a four-story medical office building on a vacant five-acre parcel immediately adjacent to Campbell Clinic’s current location at 1400 S. Germantown Road.
Rendina Healthcare Real Estate is Campbell Clinic’s development partner in connection with the design, development and construction of the facility, which will include: outpatient orthopaedic clinical space, expanded physical therapy and imaging suites, and an ambulatory surgery center with eight operating rooms, among other offerings. Rendina has managed healthcare real estate solutions for nearly 30 years and has developed more than 7 million square feet of real estate during that time.
Flintco, LLC has been hired as general contractor for pre-construction services. Davis Stokes Collaborative, P.C. is the project architect.
In January 2018, Campbell Clinic was awarded an eight-year retention PILOT (payment-in-lieu-of-taxes) from the Germantown Industrial Development Board to assist with the expansion plans. This includes 120,000 square feet of new space at an approximate cost of $40 million. The City of Germantown Planning Commission approved the final site plans. The project will result in the retention of 280 jobs, and over the next three years, 185 new jobs will be created with an average wage of more than $67,000.
Campbell Clinic has partnered with Cushman & Wakefield | Commercial Advisors for the last several years in a strategic brokerage and advisory role for all clinic facilities as it has developed a comprehensive master plan for the future.
The existing Germantown campus comprises a 60,000-sq. ft. clinic and a 12,000-sq. ft. ambulatory surgery center. Campbell Clinic also operates four other clinics and an ambulatory surgery center in Midtown Memphis.