Construction Update: April 8, 2019
April 8, 2019
WORK PERFORMED THIS WEEK:
- Continued erecting east half steel. Installed stair no. 2, and continued shipping and staging steel.
- Installed decking on the east half fourth floor and roof. Decked south side canopies.
- Prepped and poured the fourth floor east half slab.
- Installed electrical overhead and in wall rough-in on the first and third floors.
- Continued underground electrical work for generator power on the southeast corner of the building.
- Installed in wall rough-in and overhead water main on the third floor.
- Continued layout and installation of VAV duct/boxes on the first and third floors. Worked on mechanical chases.
- Continued interior wall layout, erection of studs and installation of door frames on the first and third floors. Continued layout of the fourth floor.
- Continued fireproofing the west and east half steel.
- Continued hanging north side precast, and continued shipping and staging precast.
- Continued caulking between the precast.
- Continued installation of window frames.
- The concrete and brick façade currently being installed is composed of 373 individual panels. These are cast at a plant in Ashland City, Tennessee and delivered via trucks to the site.
- The panels are hoisted using cranes and welded back to the concrete and steel structure, fitting together like a large and heavy jigsaw puzzle. The largest panel weighs approximately 25,000 pounds.