Construction Update: April 1, 2019
April 1, 2019
WORK PERFORMED THIS WEEK:
- Continued erecting, shipping and staging east half steel.
- Installed decking on the east half fourth floor and roof.
- Prepped and poured stair no. 1. Prepped and poured cáfe area.
- Installed electrical overhead and in wall rough-in on the first and third floors. Laid out sleeves on the east half fourth floor deck before the concrete pour. Finished underground café area work.
- Installed in wall rough-in and overhead water main on the third floor. Laid out sleeves on the east half fourth floor deck. Started testing piping on the first floor.
- Continued layout and installation of ductwork on the first and third floors.
- Continued interior wall layout, erection of studs and installation of door frames on the first and third floors. Continued layout of the fourth floor.
- Continued fireproofing the west and east half steel.
- Continued hanging, shipping and staging north side precast.
- Continued caulking between the precast on the south side.
- Continued installation of window frames on the west side.
- The concrete and brick façade currently being installed is composed of 373 individual panels. These are cast at a plant in Ashland City, Tennessee and delivered via trucks to the site.
- The panels are hoisted using cranes and welded back to the concrete and steel structure, fitting together like a large and heavy jigsaw puzzle. The largest panel weighs approximately 25,000 pounds.