Construction Update: April 15, 2019
April 15, 2019
WORK PERFORMED THIS WEEK:
- Continued erection of east half steel canopies. Installed stair no. 2 and continued shipping and staging steel.
- Installed decking on the east half roof. Decked south side canopies.
- Prepped and poured the electrical/mechanical pads.
- Extended electrical overhead and in wall rough-in on the first and third floors.
- Continued underground electrical work for the generator power, rough-in exterior lights and card readers on the southeast corner of the building.
- Installed in wall rough-in and overhead water main on the third floor. Installed roof drains on the second floor canopy. Began core drilling on exterior wall.
- Continued layout and installation of VAV duct/boxes on the first and third floors. Worked on mechanical chases. Delivered RTUs.
- Continued interior wall layout, including erection of studs and installation of door frames on the first and third floors. Continued layout of the fourth floor.
- Began spray foam insulation on exterior wall.
- Continued fireproofing the east and west half steel.
- Finished hanging north side precast, and continued shipping and staging precast. Moved crane to the west side.
- Continued caulking between the precast.
- Continued installation of window frames.
- The concrete and brick façade currently being installed is composed of 373 individual panels. These are cast at a plant in Ashland City, Tennessee and delivered via trucks to the site.
- The panels are hoisted using cranes and welded back to the concrete and steel structure, fitting together like a large and heavy jigsaw puzzle. The largest panel weighs approximately 25,000 pounds.