Construction Update: April 22, 2019
April 22, 2019
WORK PERFORMED THIS WEEK:
- Began detailing on stair no. 2.
- Installed HVAC curbs on the roof. Shipped, staged and installed curtain wall steel, and installed decking on the east half roof.
- Prepped and poured the second and third floor canopies.
- Continued electrical overhead and in wall rough-in on the first and third floors. Wired up the VAV boxes on the first floor.
- Continued underground feed for the generator power.
- Tied in-roof drains on the second floor.
- Continued layout and installation of VAV duct/boxes on the third floor. Worked on mechanical chases and RTUs.
- Continued interior wall layout, erection of studs and installation of door frames on the first and third floors. Continued layout of the fourth floor.
- Continued spray foam insulation on exterior wall.
- Continued fireproofing the west and east half steel.
- Continued hanging west side precast. Shipped and staged precast.
- Delivered new crane.
- Continued caulking between the precast.
- Continued installation of window frames.
- The concrete and brick façade currently being installed is composed of 373 individual panels. These are cast at a plant in Ashland City, Tennessee and delivered via trucks to the site.
- The panels are hoisted using cranes and welded back to the concrete and steel structure, fitting together like a large and heavy jigsaw puzzle. The largest panel weighs approximately 25,000 pounds.