Construction Update: August 26, 2019
August 26, 2019
WORK PERFORMED THIS WEEK:
- Continued installing electrical overhead and in-wall rough-in on the first and fourth floors. Installing overhead lights on first floor.
- Installed conduit for pool.
- Installed third floor lights.
- Wired VAV Boxes.
- Continued wiring transformers in electrical rooms.
- Continued working on underground site electrical.
- Continued plumbing install overhead on first, third and fourth floors.
- Continued finishing up med gas lines on the fourth floor.
- Continued installing duct on the fourth floor and tying in the chases.
- Continued installing VAV boxes.
- Continued installation of suite arrays.
- Continued installation of framing and drywall on the first and fourth floor.
- Continued finishing fur downs on first and third floors.
- Finished hanging gypsum on the south canopy.
- Moved to the north canopy to start framing.
- Framed the ceilings around the suite arrays in the operating rooms.
- Followed behind the installation of the blinds and framing / hanging drywall.
- Finished hanging ACM panels on the north elevation and began hanging ACM on the south canopy.
- Installed branch lines on the first floor for the sprinkler system.
- Continued installing curbs for the south entrance parking lot expansion.
- Continued tying in and back filling the water mains.
- Continued curb and gutter formation and poured around the building starting in the front and continued clockwise around the building.
- Brought the site to grade.
- Installed laminate flooring on the third-floor corridors.
- Continued installation of north elevator.
- Began installing elevator door frames.
- Continued installation of light / equipment booms in the operation rooms.
- Installed wire for the security camera and control systems on the third floor.
- Continued painting on first floor, working west to east.
- Finished installation of handrail in the south stairwell and started on the northwest stairwell.
- Installed interior doors and glass beginning on the first and third floors.
- Installed thermostats and fire alarm devices on the third floor.
- Continued installing millwork on the third floor.
- Began staging first floor.
- Began blind installation on exterior windows that get covered.
- By the end of the job, there will have been approximately 420,000 square feet of drywall installed throughout the building. This is enough square footage of drywall to cover up the Memphis Redbirds jumbotron almost 117 times.