Construction Update: July 23, 2019
July 22, 2019
WORK PERFORMED THIS WEEK:
- Continued installation of overhead and in-wall rough-ins on the first to the fourth floors.
- Pulled and tied in wires in radiation rooms.
- Installed lights on the third floor.
- Continued working on the installation of permanent power and wiring VAV Boxes.
- Insulated and fire caulked pipes.
- Installed Med Gas and third and fourth floors.
- Installed plumbing in-wall anf overhead rough-in on the fourth floor.
- Inspected the fourth-floor in-wall and west half.
- Installed ducts on the fourth floor and tied in the chases.
- Continued installing the HVAC units on the roof.
- Continued interior wall layout, erection of studs and installation of door frames on the first through fourth floors.
- Continued installation of drywall and insulation on the first through fourth floors. Third-floor installation complete.
- Inspected the fireproofing and fire caulking on the fourth floor.
- Installed sheetrock in radiation room ceilings.
- Installed termination bar and termination bar backing while working on the screen wall.
- Continued installation of sprinkler pipe on the fourth floor.
- Continued spray foam insulation on the exterior wall on the second floor.
- Continued caulking between precast and exterior window frames.
- Continued installing remaining exterior windows and frames.
- Continued working on retaining wall on the Campbell Clinic Drive.
- Began pouring curbs for south entrance parking lot expansion.
- Finished steelwork on the front canopy.
- Continued installing hanger for ceiling grid and began hanging ceiling grid on the third floor.
- Continued painting sheetrock on the first and third floors.
- Completed installation of a north elevator.
- By the end of the job, there will have been approximately 420,000 square feet of drywall installed throughout the building. This is enough square footage of drywall to cover up the Memphis Redbirds jumbotron almost 117 times.
- Once the job is complete the framing contractor (Ranger Construction) will have installed approximately 240,000 linear feet of metal framing studs. This is enough to cover just over 45 miles, which will make it around the Shelby Farms Greenline trail about 4.5 times.
- Roughly 8,000 square feet of glass will be used for the north elevation of this building. This is enough material to cover the basketball court of the Memphis Grizzlies.