Construction Update: June 3, 2019
June 3, 2019
WORK PERFORMED THIS WEEK:
- Installed elevator shaft steel.
- Continued electrical overhead and in-wall rough-in on the first through fourth floors.
- Continued underground feed for the generator power.
- Installed plumbing in wall and overhead rough-in on the first through fourth floors.
- Tied in roof drains.
- Installed mechanical drops in the fourth-floor operating rooms.
- Prepped for the RTUs to be set.
- Installed VAV boxes.
- Continued interior wall layout, erection of studs and installation of door frames on the first through fourth floors.
- Continued topping out on the third floor.
- Continued hanging EXP board on the elevator shafts.
- Continued spray foam insulation on the exterior wall continued.
- Continued fireproofing the west and east half steel.
- Continued caulking between the precast.
- Continued installation of windows and window frames.
- Continued installation of the roofing system.
- Poured dumpster and generator pads.
- Continued work on retaining wall on the Campbell Clinic Drive.
- By the end of the job, there will have been approximately 420,000 square feet of drywall installed throughout the building. This is enough square footage of drywall to cover up the Memphis Redbirds jumbotron almost 117 times.
- Once the job is complete the framing contractor (Ranger Construction) will have installed approximately 240,000 linear feet of metal framing studs. This is enough to cover just over 45 miles, which will make it around the Shelby Farms Greenline trail about 4.5 times.