Construction Update: May 6, 2019
May 6, 2019
WORK PERFORMED THIS WEEK:
- Continued detailing stair no. 2.
- Continued shipping, staging and installing screen wall steel.
- Continued installing electrical overhead and in wall rough-in on the first and third floors. Continued installing wiring up the VAV boxes.
- Continue underground feed for the generator power.
- Plumbers installed in wall and overhead rough-in on the first, second and third floor.
- Continued layout and installation of high-pressure duct on the first and third floor. Working on mechanical chases, RTUs and fourth-floor main duct.
- Continued interior wall layout, erection of studs and installation of door frames on the first, third and fourth floors. Continued layout of the fourth floor.
- Continued spray foam insulation on the exterior wall.
- Continued fireproofing the west and east half steel.
- Finished hanging south side precast. Mobilized the crane to the north side and hung the topping out panels.
- Continued shipping, staging and caulking between the precast.
- Continued installation of windows and window frames.
- The roofing contractor has been mobilized.
- 2,500 cubic yards of concrete has been installed so far. One cubic yard of concrete weighs around 4,050 pounds. This means the total weight of concrete installed on the job site comes out to be roughly 10,125,000 pounds. This is enough concrete to fill almost 17 swimming pools.
- Once construction is completed, Gephart will have installed more than 500,000 linear feet of wire and 100,000 linear feet of conduit. Together, this is enough to cover 113 miles, the approximate distance from the existing Campbell Clinic headquarters in Germantown to Pickwick Dam.