Weekly Construction Update: September 3, 2019
September 3, 2019
Work Performed this Week:
- Installed electrical overhead and in-wall rough-in on the first and fourth floors.
- Continued installing overhead lights on first and third floors.
- Continued installing conduit for pool.
- Wired VAV Boxes.
- Continued wiring transformers in electrical rooms.
- Continued working on underground site electrical.
- Continued plumbing installation of overhead on first, third and fourth floors.
- Continued finishing up med gas lines on the fourth floor.
- Continued installing duct on the fourth floor and tying in the chases.
- Continued installing VAV boxes.
- Continued installation of suite arrays.
- Installed grilles.
- Continued installation of framing and drywall on the first and fourth floor.
- Continued finishing fur downs on the first floor.
- Framed the north canopy.
- Framed the ceilings around the suite arrays in the operation rooms.
- Followed behind the installation of the blinds and framing / hanging drywall.
- Finished hanging ACM panels on the north elevation and began hanging ACM on the south canopy.
- Continued installing branch lines on the first floor for the sprinkler system.
- Continued installing curbs for the north entrance on Wolf River.
- Formed curb and gutter and poured around the building starting in the front and continuing clockwise around the building.
- Brought the site to grade.
- Installed laminate flooring on the third-floor corridors and RAD rooms.
- Installed wall tile on the third-floor public restrooms.
- Continued installation of north elevator.
- Continued installing elevator door frames.
- Continued installation of light / equipment booms in the operation rooms.
- Continued installing wire for the security camera and control systems on the third floor.
- Continued painting on first and fourth floors working west to east.
- Continued installation of interior doors and glass on first and third floors.
- Installed thermostats and fire alarm devices on the third floor.
- Continued millwork installation on the third floor.
- Began staging first floor.
- Began blind installation on exterior windows that get covered.
By the end of the job, there will have been approximately 420,000 square feet of drywall installed throughout the building. This is enough square footage of drywall to cover up the Memphis Redbirds jumbotron almost 117 times.