Construction Update: January 4, 2019
January 4, 2019
WORK PERFORMED THIS WEEK:
- Continued underground plumbing and electrical.
- Continued shipping and staging steel.
- Continued west half steel erection.
- Prepped east half of the building pad for slab pour.
- Placed underslab aggregate on east side.
- Continued work on west side private drive entrance.
- Continued underground storm drainage inlet and manhole lid placement.
- The crane that will be used to hang all the structural steel has arrived on site. It arrived in several pieces and was assembled on site over the period of two days. After being assembled the crane was then moved into position on the southwest side of the building pad where the erection process will begin. The crane has since been moved to the northwest side of the building pad to hang steel.
- To help speed along the erection process of the steel, the ironworkers are hoisting more than one beam at a time. They are doing so because our other subcontractors cannot start working under the steel until the two floors are completed above them.